chicklet: (Q-uit it)
[personal profile] chicklet posting in [community profile] chickletpsls
 The tree spirit thing has given everyone a choice. Return home after the celebration, or remain. This is the story of a group that took options C and D.

Re: In the time that remains.

Date: 2019-03-25 12:15 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel irritated)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
Gabriel wanted to go home, of course. But being told that they could wait a time first led to one possibility he had to explore.

He came out of his office to speak with his employee. "Find Bulma, I need to speak with her before she returns home. Also, the time of your choice draws near. Keep that in mind."

Date: 2019-03-25 01:38 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (richer than god)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Seto Kaiba still could not believe this was the turn his life had taken. To go from richest man in Japan and the heavily hands-on executive of a gaming empire to...glorified secretary for an admittedly talented fashion designer? He could only imagine what the dweebs in Domino would think if they knew.

But he felt a strange kinship with this man, and that could not be denied. It just meant putting up with this for now until he felt the man out.

And he'd be interested in seeing a collaboration here, he had to admit.

"Very well, Mr. Agreste. I have not forgotten, and you will receive my answer tonight."

Date: 2019-03-25 01:53 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel 2 point lighting)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
He nodded and went back to work.

Date: 2019-03-25 02:26 am (UTC)
my_belfry_of_fun: (Bat!)
From: [personal profile] my_belfry_of_fun
Meanwhile, a battered and bruised Bulma Brief has finally succumbed to the exhaustion and sleep deprivation she'd been fighting off thanks to "The Good stuff" coffee drink. Alert and awake long enough to know they'd succeeded, as Frankie pulled his ship in and on land near enough to the village. She hurt, she was a mess, she was very confused--and Freiza asking "How do I dress THAT!?" had really been the last straw.

But she had her answer; they didn't have to leave yet but that also didn't mean they were staying. She still had work to do. Later.

Much later. After she slept; and possibly ate and showered, then slept again. Vegeta had been strangely more cooperative and nicer than usual; either from all they'd been through the past 2 and a half days, or because she'd had to find a way to show private emotions in a way he was comfortable with. Probably both; but she'd worry about that later too. Hopefully he remembered the message she'd sent over scouter the night before, as the blue-green haired adventurer-genius let herself find a quiet spot and finally sleep.

At least Kaiba would have a relatively easy time locating her house, though she hadn't given him anything but her phone number for contact before. But she'd mentioned her own business ties, and so the round home that bore a giant number and "Capsule" on it was likely hers. Probably from one of those capsules she'd had a case full of. He's free to approach and knock. But he'll be waiting for a bit, before the door opens and it's not Bulma standing before him, but Vegeta. Arms crossed, blocking the doorway, and with the faint scowl that seemed to be his normal expression around most people.

He said nothing, just stood in the door way expectantly.

Date: 2019-03-25 03:01 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (and that's the tea)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Well. This was...expected. Kaiba's relationship with Vegeta was largely a blend of weariness and gratitude. In truth, he had lingering respect for this entire family. But actually showing that was the problem.

He took a breath and squared his shoulders.

"Greetings, Mr. Vegeta. I come to you representing Mr. Agreste. He'd like to arrange another meeting with Mrs. Brief at the earliest opportunity, though we of course understand that it has been a trying situation and will wait for your call."

That was perhaps not how his employer would have phrased it. He further chose to add:

"We wish you and your family well in your future endeavors. And...thank you."

He nodded solemnly.

Date: 2019-03-25 03:43 am (UTC)
my_belfry_of_fun: (Default)
From: [personal profile] my_belfry_of_fun
IF Vegeta had expected this or not, he didn't indicate in any way. A curt nod and a turn--and a pause. "She's asleep." Which as far as he was concerned meant she was staying put until SHE was ready to go meet people. He'll pass along the message, but there will definitely be a delay until any reply further.

Message delivered though, soon enough the door was shut once more.

It wouldn't be too far away though, before Kaiba can spot a 'friendlier' face of sorts. Trunks, on his way from the hospital and with a small bag. Clearly on an errand, but most likely easier to approach than his father. But whether he noticed Kaiba or not was in question.

Date: 2019-03-25 03:56 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (silhouette)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
As Kaiba made his way back to the office, he spotted a familiar flash of bright hair and slowed. Ah. Trunks. Member of the strange little 'friendship squad' trio he'd formed with him and Tails. He still shuddered when he thought about that word, but alliances were indeed useful.

He lifted a hand and called out. "Trunks. It's...ah. Good to see you again. Are you ready to go home?"

Date: 2019-03-25 04:09 am (UTC)
my_belfry_of_fun: (Default)
From: [personal profile] my_belfry_of_fun
Stranger alliances had been formed at times and with less in common. Nor did alliances always lead to friendship, but friendship meant more than just being allies.

Turning his head, Trunks paused before altering his pace. Kaiba still seemed awkward with all of this, but Trunks was rather used to people hiding their feelings. This weekend alone had helped him understand it more. So, no need to make it uncomfortable without a reason.

"Dunno yet. I don't think any of us knew how that might work, and I know Mom has some things she wanted to do before leaving if she has a chance."

Date: 2019-03-25 05:47 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (having a roll)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Kaiba's expression was difficult to read, but perhaps there was a flicker of warmth there. He was relieved that the heroes had succeeded, even if he'd never willingly take up the front lines himself.

"Updating the hospital, if I remember correctly? Mr. Agreste and I are both from similarly modern worlds, and though we don't have medical expertise, he has architectural and I have scientific knowledge. I will help if I can at all."

He shook his head. "Mr. Agreste would like to collaborate with your mother further, but I've been told by your father that she'll be unavailable for a while. That's...fine. I just wanted you to know that we're willing to trade."

And as an aside: "That's all anyone seems to do around here."

Date: 2019-03-25 12:03 pm (UTC)
my_belfry_of_fun: (Default)
From: [personal profile] my_belfry_of_fun
"That's part of it I think. She doesn't want to leave Ms. Tsunade--since it means she'd be staying--here without improving things if she can for her." Trunks confirmed with a small smile. "I'll make sure she knows that though, although she's just as likely to tell you herself or find you herself."

Bulma was not quiet generally--and if she was, it was usually a bad-sign.

"If I understood things correctly, the Tree here has been bringing adventurers here in groups before to try and get help. So the town seems to have sort of formed to help support them and what they do. I'm not sure we actually have any 'natives' to this village." Don't think he missed that hint there. "You were a businessman yourself at home right? Missing a more usual-currency based society?" There is a hint of gentle tease and humor to his words.

Date: 2019-03-26 11:31 pm (UTC)
blue_ice: (brooding)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
"I was. I developed technology to support card games and video games...neither of which seem to be used around here."

Maybe...maybe if he could forge the proper materials, he could leave the rest with some sort of game before he departed. He wasn't sure why, but some part of him wanted to leave a small trace of himself behind.

"I'm aware Mr. McDuck made strides in that direction, but not far enough. I can't see myself staying long term. I thought I'd be returning home...but this might be the best opportunity I ever have to bury the past and bring my work into the future."

He shook his head. "But I'd like to work on developing a dimensional transport before we depart, or at least lay the foundation for us to locate each other's worlds. I'd just begun my research in that direction. Would your group know anything about that?"

Date: 2019-03-26 11:46 pm (UTC)
light_of_willpower: (Side-small-smile)
From: [personal profile] light_of_willpower
Trunks wasn't that surprised at Kaiba's directness, and was pleased that the other was making the effort to be social. Of a sort. Talking about their 'future', like friends.

"Depends, but you should talk to Mom too. I'm actually not the son of those two that are here, but from an alternate future-timeline. I'm from their future, so to speak--" Oh this could get confusing fast, but hopefully it wouldn't. "--whereas in my past, my Father died when I was barely 6 months or old. Along with almost everyone else. Mother raised me solo, and Gohan helped teach me but didn't train me properly beyond basics to help me survive or be a danger." Not until right before Gohan had died...

Only a hint of sadness though, as it was old pain. More to try and help explain, than because he was seeking sympathy.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-27 12:57 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] light_of_willpower - Date: 2019-03-27 01:08 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-27 02:44 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] light_of_willpower - Date: 2019-03-27 02:50 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-27 03:06 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] light_of_willpower - Date: 2019-03-27 03:15 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-27 03:35 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] light_of_willpower - Date: 2019-03-27 03:41 am (UTC) - Expand

A Parisian Game

Date: 2019-03-25 01:20 am (UTC)
papaillon: (zzz The portal opens)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
(This thread is for the Kaibasin Paris)

Re: A Parisian Game

Date: 2019-03-25 01:51 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel Standing Firm)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
Once they were through, plans in hand, Gabriel looked around. They had arrived in the entry hall of the mansion. He stood straight, regaining his bearings. Nathalie had just been coming to the top of the stairs, on the phone when she stopped dead, the phone nearly slipping through her fingers. She caught it just in time and hung up without another word to whomever she had been talking to, swiftly regaining most of her composure.

"Mr. Agreste. You are back."

He nodded as if he had been gone minutes, rather than days. "Nathalie, I want you to set these two up in Le Grand Paris. A suite please. See to it that they have a few changes of clothing and some food, then return here at once, we have a lot of work to do."

He turned to face Kaiba. You have today and tomorrow off, but you will report here at nine am tomorrow so we can discuss the future."

"Yes, Mister Agreste. Of course." She sounded like someone who was mostly able to hide that she was shaken.

Date: 2019-03-25 04:40 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (silhouette)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Seto and Mokuba Kaiba were having...quite an interesting week. After the long, perilous process of explaining his decision to both leave his gaming empire behind and, even stranger, work for someone else...well, it was a tense time.

Nathalie and Gabriel would get an interesting first impression of the two boys. One standing tall, two years older than Adrien, with slicked hair, dressed in a sharp suit. His blue eyes flitted about warily.

The younger, about two years younger than Adrien and a little short for his age, was the exact opposite. He had long, unruly hair, dressed in casual clothes, and the curious interest in his eyes was clear.

Seto appeared to visibly relax upon hearing that he and Mokuba would have their own space. That had been one of his concerns about this arrangement. He had more, of course, but it could wait for this meeting.

He inclined his head in the slightest bow.

"Thank you both. We'll acquaint ourselves with our new surroundings, and I'll be ready to plan. Do you require anything else today?"

Date: 2019-03-25 05:00 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel glancing back XCU)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
As if it were a response to the question, Gabriel asked one of his own. "Nathalie?"

"Your son is in his room, sir,"

He nodded. "Very good,you can have his guard drive you then as he will not be needed for the moment." Then he turned to Seto. "I do, however not from you. Get settled in, but be prepared for you will be working hard. I have plans that you will fit well into. Nathalie as soon as you return come to my office, I have work that I am behind on."

"Yes, Mister Agreste." She turned to the boys. "This way." Nathalie led them to the door, and took the excuse of opening it for them to glance back naturally. She was... invisibly disappointed when she saw that he went to his office, and not to Adrien's room.

Date: 2019-03-25 05:15 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (looking down)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Mokuba visibly perked up with interest at the mention of another boy in the house. He'd have to try to see him at some point!

Seto noted it as well, and filed that information away. He'd gathered earlier that Mr. Agreste had a child of his own, and given his experiences with being raised as a mogul's 'son'...he still had concerns. But they would wait until Mr. Agreste was ready to open a discussion.

"Let's go, Mokuba."

"Sure thing, Seto! Nice to meet you, Mr. Agreste!"

The younger Kaiba waved cheerfully, the older inclined his head, and they were off. It was a quiet day, which he appreciated, because the thoughts in his head were quite loud. What had he gotten himself into?

And then the sun rose and the fun began. Kaiba ensured he was prepared well in advance, and arrived in his best suit, hand on a briefcase. He bowed once more, politely inquiring about his new boss's whereabouts to whoever was on guard.

Date: 2019-03-25 05:29 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel Booking It)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
The Gorilla had driven them, Nathalie had been cool and efficient, professional, and... well.... Nathalie. Thankfully they had avoided a run-in with Chloe, but it was a near thing.

When he arrived in the morning, Nathalie was the one to open the door for him, once more completely composed. "Mr. Agreste is waiting for you in his office, this way please." She turned and led him up the stairs. She came to the office door and knocked lightly.

"Come in," he said. He was back in his own element, and more comfortable. Which mostly meant more his canon self. He would proceed with the plan, but he would not allow hope to rule him. So he was acting as he has been before. More... other than the household, no one was even aware of his absence, and so he had to act as though he had not been gone.

Nathalie opened the door. "Mr. Kaiba, sir."

Gabriel nodded. "See him in." As though he wasn't there to see himself in.

Nathalie walked to a chair and subtly gestured towards it. Just be glad, Kaiba, he didn't make you play Nathalie's role in this particular dance.... But that was actually the point of being over the top, though sadly it was not over the top by much. He wanted Setoto see the difference between how he had been treated and how someone Seto would see as a secretary was. In time he would realize that Nathalie was more of a personal assistant than a secretary, Gabriel was sure. But he would never know just how much she did. Of course.

Unless he came to be trusted enough to wield the Spider. But such trust would take years, and he had no intention to allow this situation to continue that long. He would have his wife back before that.

Or else.

Date: 2019-03-25 05:41 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (brooding)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Seto was definitely not used to sitting on this side of the desk, but he sat with a rail-straight posture and hands folded. He greeted everyone he passed in clear if slightly accented French, then turned his attention to his employer.

"I have to thank you first for your hospitality, Mr. Agreste. My brother and I have acclimated well. This should be a...largely pleasant change of pace."

Yes, he had his concerns about all those 'magical' incidents on the news, but he hoped he could avoid them.

"I am curious about my role in your company. What do you envision?"

Date: 2019-03-25 05:52 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel are you kidding me?)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
He nodded once. "You are welcome. We are working out more permanent accommodations. In the meantime you are welcome to remain there. I consider the cost an investment." Not a kindness. He will not be seen as kind. Cannot afford to be. Not now.

"What I envision for your role going forward is an evolving situation. To begin you would be an apprentice. You would spend your working hours split between lessons and working under Nathalie's tutelage. What you need to learn will be determined. I will be having someone come in to do a full assessment on both you and your brother, after which Nathalie and I will devise a schedule for you each."

He continued. "As you progress you will spend more time working and less time in lessons. As to where you go next... that will largely depend upon the work you have sown to that point and the aptitudes I observe. I will say this, however. If I am not disappointed.... than neither shall you be."

Date: 2019-03-25 06:03 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (silhouette)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
Kaiba did his best to suppress his bristling. He was familiar with practical aptitude tests, though he hadn't been subjected to such a thing in a long time.

"Very well. I am sure you'll find we're both proficient in market research, expanding our targets, and catching eyes with innovation. I'm also an inventor specializing in holographic technology, though I didn't have a chance to demonstrate that particular competency in our...rustic surroundings."

What a strange life he led now, he thought.

"As I mentioned, we were formerly a weapons-based corporation. I no longer produce those things, but are you in need of defenses for your assets? I've come to understand that unpredictable disturbances are common for this city, and while I see that...Ladybug usually reverses the damage, time lost is money lost."

Date: 2019-03-25 06:13 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel Stern)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
.....Both? Well wasn't that interesting. They would have to adjust the intended tests. "You will have a chance to demonstrate that and potentially make use of it here. As you understand, I am certain, a large part of marketing is cultural context. Our time in that place has shown me quite clearly that even where there are similarities, such as with...." He never did get Bulma's last name. "The young lady you sent to speak with me, there are still potential pitfalls that I would rather avoid. For example, having met someone named Macbeth she remained unaware of who Shakespeare was. If someone requests a commission for one of Napoleonic stature, I need to be assured that you are imagining someone of the same height as they are, rather than perhaps someone who is seven feet tall."


"As for defenses, I assure you this house is well fortified." He resisted the urge to call the heroes incompetent, though it was strong. "This ongoing and disruptive feud between the heroes and this Papillion needs to end, for time is lost as easily elsewhere as here. However, I rather doubt there is anything that anyone in this room could do to restore peace to Paris."

Date: 2019-03-25 06:21 am (UTC)
blue_ice: (blinded)
From: [personal profile] blue_ice
"...education in Japan has some differences, but not quite as extreme as your examples, I believe. But I will learn all I can from these...tutors. And I hope my perspective will be of service, as I'm aware that youth around the world often become fascinated with aspects of Japanese culture."

He nodded. "I understand that. In Domino, I was often caught in the crossfire of ancient magical battles. Upon the past's defeat, I thought I'd finally escaped such nonsense. Then all of this happened. But I'm prepared to press through these challenges."

Keeping his expression neutral was beginning to prove slightly difficult, but he would not allow himself to lose his presumed competence before the testing truly began.

Date: 2019-03-25 06:26 am (UTC)
papaillon: (Gabriel considers)
From: [personal profile] papaillon
"I am more concerned about the potential differences between worlds, more than countries. And it is the case of humans the world over to be fascinated by other cultures, when they are not threatened by them."

Domino? The past's defeat? Ancient magical battles. Well, there was much to research here, and none of it anything that Gabriel Agreste could afford to show an interest in. He would make note, however, and consider it in the future should the device he was having built fail him.

"Pressing through challenges is a skill we must always hone."

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-26 04:54 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] papaillon - Date: 2019-03-26 08:45 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-26 08:48 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] papaillon - Date: 2019-03-27 01:20 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-27 02:47 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] papaillon - Date: 2019-03-27 04:18 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-27 04:26 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] papaillon - Date: 2019-03-27 04:31 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-30 05:29 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] miraculous_things - Date: 2019-03-30 05:38 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-30 05:41 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] miraculous_things - Date: 2019-03-30 05:49 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-03-30 05:54 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] miraculous_things - Date: 2019-03-30 05:58 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-04-06 05:33 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] miraculous_things - Date: 2019-04-06 05:43 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-04-18 02:24 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] miraculous_things - Date: 2019-04-18 04:40 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2019-04-18 07:43 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] papaillon - Date: 2019-04-18 08:05 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] blue_ice - Date: 2020-08-11 04:10 am (UTC) - Expand

Profile

RP with the Chicklet

August 2025

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
1718192021 2223
24252627282930
31      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 7th, 2026 04:28 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios